Pinned toot

COVID-19, birdsite, do NOT panic 

Pinned toot

Depuis 2015, la "République" m'a rendu antirépublicain.

A présent, l'Europe est en train de me rendre antieuropéen. 😠

patrick-breyer.de/?p=589187&la

day 87 :
I could not find why the "cargo publish" command fails, even after a long search in the documentations of cargo and libcurl. I will publish this crate on crates.io later.

However, I published the crate on my forge :

redmine.jpages.eu/projects/ran

day 86 :
My first crate is now ready for a publication in crates.io. I checked it with the command "cargo verify-project".

However, I have an error when I run the "cargo publish" command : "Couldn't use specified SSL cipher".

day 85 :
I have added a README.md file, and improved the Cargo.toml file in my crate, but I have sill a few issues to solve before having a correct package.

I managed to create an account on crates.io, and tried the "cargo publish --dry-run command"

J'ai trouvé le code source des tenants de la "seconde vague" :

# include <stdio.h>

void main()
{
while(true) {
printf("Wait two weeks\n");
}
}

day 84 :
I have solved all the warnings. The dead code warning was caused by a bad usage of "use" directive.

I also completed the crate documentation, and understood how to avoid generating doc for dependencies.

Now, it's time to publish on crates.io

Moi quand je vois des "enseignants" réclamer la fermeture des écoles au premier nez qui coule.

youtube.com/watch?v=C7i5YJs4k_

day 83 :
I worked on my Rust mini-project (randscatter) correcting some glitches, and trying to understand warnings given by rustc.

I still can not figure out why 2 functions as labelled as "dead code", even if they are called elsewhere.

redmine.jpages.eu/projects/ran

COVID-19, politique 

day 82 :
My standalone distribution and testing systems are now complete. I can now compile my xscreensaver program and the related unit tests easily.

The changes are visible on the link below :

redmine.jpages.eu/projects/mur

Lancement de la compilation : vendredi à 1h30 du matin.
Fin de la compilation : samedi à 7h42.

Total : Plus de 30 heures pour compiler NodeJS 12.16.3 sur un Raspberry Pi 3B. 😂 😹

day 81 :
For my xscreensaver project, I have nearly completed a full-functional (even if it is a bit artisanal) Makefile for my tests, and to build a standalone version of my screensaver.

I have also build my first patch, with the "diff" command.

day 80 :
Finally, I could release my first release. I had a hard time because of a bug on the configuration file path.

The files (zip and tarball) are available here :

redmine.jpages.eu/projects/yam

J'ai lancé la compilation de NodeJS 12.16.3 (enfin disponible pour Slackware) sur mon RaspberryPi, en vue d'une mise à jour de mon instance Mastodon.

Voyons un peu combien de temps cela va prendre. 😏

day 79 :
I made my last modification before a first public release of yame (I just moved a config file).

Then, I prepared the Makefiles, adding dist (for tarballs and zipfiles creation) and install rules. I have still a minor problem to solve with paths.

Ce soir, j'ai ramassé un masque dans le parc des Rochers-Gréau.

Il y a donc au moins une personne assez débile (le mot est faible) pour porter un masque à cet endroit, en pleine forêt.

day 78 :
After a long day of work, I did not have enough time for a first public release.

However, I added --help and --version options, with getopt_long(). I have only one minor change left, and I will able to release the 0.1 version.

COVID-19, désinformation scientifique 

day 77 :
I used the helper function I wrote yesterday to improve my emulator robustness.
I also made a small change in the CLI mode (use capital letters for digits from A to F).

The first public version of yame (Yet Another MOS Emulator) will be released tomorrow.

day 76 :
I worked for my MOS65xx emulator project, and I achieved the following things :

- Fix a bug in monitor mode (it crashed sometimes when entering data).
- Complete the man page.
- Add an helper function to check if the pointer returned by *alloc is NULL.

day 75 :
Tonight, I advanced a bit in my epidemic curve fitting project (redmine.jpages.eu/projects/cov), I :

- Saw a difficulty in curve fitting with the Levenberg-Marquardt method.
- Corrected the tests code, and finished the data import part.
- Added a main function.

Show more
Mastodon

The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!