#100DaysOfCode day 74 :
I worked with Matplotlib, to add PNG export for the charts generated in my "stopcovidwatch" project.
I also improved the presentation of my bar charts and searched how to configure xticks with the set_xticks() method.
#100DaysOfCode day 73 :
I discovered how to register my ROM relation in a container, and how to use it properly in a Sinatra controller.
But I have now syntax errors in my HAML file (for a view).
#100DaysOfCode day 72 :
I completed the ROM relation I have just created with methods to get a list of articles, or an article by id (equivalent to a SELECT in SQL).
I tried to use this relation in my controller, but it does not work yet. It will be finished tomorrow.
#100DaysOfCode day 71 :
I could finally create and test my first migration with commands "rake db:create_migration" and "rake db:migrate".
I have just to clean a bit the code, and I will do my first commit for the backend.
#100DaysOfCode day 70 :
Tonight, I worked on Rakefiles, and I wrote one for my CMS application, to create database migration files automatically.
#100DaysOfCode day 69 :
I worked with rom (Ruby Object Mapper), for my Sinatra-based CMS project.
I learnt how relations, schemas and migrations work, and I tried to use these concepts for a simple article model.
#100DaysOfCode day 68 :
I didn't write much C code today, mostly shell script and Makefile, in order to have a solid base before continuing my project.
The script I wrote will download and extract all needed source and header files to compile and run a xscreensaver project.
#100DaysOfCode day 67 :
I have solved the problem I encountered last Sunday (day 61), and I could test and validate vector functions in my xscreensaver project.
I discovered the CU_ASSERT_DOUBLE_EQUAL macro in Cunit, useful when using floating-point arithmetic.
#100DaysOfCode day 66 :
I think my data structures for Kakuro grids description are too complex, and I am correcting this problem.
First effect : the word graph construction method (to build a graph indicating adjacencies between words) went from 43 to 28 lines of code.
#100DaysOfCode day 65 :
My JSON file importer is now functional, I could test it successfully on an example grid.
Unfortunately, my grid solving code does not work for this test grid.
I committed the JSON import code :
#100DaysOfCode day 64 :
I am testing my solving algorithm with custom (non-random) grids. It is really too difficult with random grids.
I designed a JSON-based file format for Kakuro grids, and I am adding a constructor in the Grid class to support this format.
#100DaysOfCode day 63 :
I think I have found a solving algorithm for my Kakuro program and I have started to implement it.
But I have issues with my solve() method, that is becoming too complex.
#100DaysOfCode day 62 :
I worked on my Kakuro grid solving algorithm.
It is a difficult task, I could not advance much tonight, but I added a simple method to computer the number of distinct solutions (to identify "impossible grids" for example).
#100DaysOfCode day 61 :
I completed the Makefile I will use in order to test my xscreensaver project (and discovered the -D option for gcc).
It is nearly finished, but I still have an issue with 2 conflicting main() functions.
I will finish this next Saturday.
#100DaysOfCode day 60 :
I worked for my xscreensaver project, and tried to compile my code (in order to execute unit tests).
It is quite difficult if you don't know xscreensaver code and standards well. For example, I discovered that drand48() was not allowed in this project.
#100DaysOfCode day 59 :
I made a quick review of colorcheck, to prepare the next version.
The next version will see a complete change. HTML parsing will also be needed, in order to have full information about webpages color contrasts. I will use BeautifulSoup 4 for this (a parsing library I know well).
#100DaysOfCode day 57 :
I learnt how to rename properly a directory with Mercurial (hg rename), and I modified some imports accordingly.
Then, I wrote a README file, with Markdown (that I never used before).
The public release should be ready tomorrow.
#100DaysOfCode day 56 :
I fixed a little issue in my command line argument parsing, and I completed the setup file with all useful fields.
Now, I still have to understand how to publish the package on PyPI (Python Package Index).
#100DaysOfCode day 55 :
This week, I will release a first public version of my colorcheck utility (in Python 3).
Tonight, I added --version and --help options, with the argparse module.
Développeur C/Java/JS/Python/Ruby/Rust. Utilisateur de Slackware Linux.
Inconfinable et non masquable depuis le 16 mars 2020.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!